- Accepted submission format is
PDF only. You must
use the IEEE PDF eXpress utility (see directions below)
- Please adhere to the following formatting
- Page size: US Letter
- Two-column format.
- Text font: 10-pt Times New Roman
- Line spacing for body text: single-spaced
- Caption font: minimum 6pt
- Top margin: 0.75 inch
- Bottom margin: 1 inch
- Side margins: 0.625 inch
- Graphs/tables should be readable when printed in black and white.
- Do not include page numbers on your paper.
- You may use IEEE templates as long as they follow the requirements
above. Here are some IEEE Conference word
and latex templates.
- Email the document to the Publications Chair (Jeanine Cook) by January
20, 2006. The Publications Chair will be in touch with each paper's
primary contact soon after the acceptance notices are sent.
- Please keep in mind that papers are limited to ten (10) pages in the two
column format. Papers longer than ten pages will be charged an extra page
fee of $100US per page.
- At least one author must pre-register for the symposium, and at least
one author must attend the symposium to present the paper. Papers for
which no author is pre-registered will be pulled from the proceedings.
Fax your signed IEEE
copyright form as soon as possible:
Jeanine Cook, New Mexico State University
You can find the IEEE
copyright form here:
Steps for using PDF eXpress to create the final
The PDF eXpress tool allows you to create a IEEE Xplore-compliant PDF from a
variety of formats (e.g. DOC and PS). This PDF will be sent to IEEE for
inclusion in their online database. The tool follows the PDF generation
guidelines in these IEEE documents: IEEE-PDF-Generation-Full.pdf
- Create your manuscript following the guidelines on the ISPASS 2006 web
- Create a PDF eXpress account using the web site and conference ID
emailed to you by the publications chair.
- Click "New Users - Click Here"
- Enter information as prompted
- You will receive an email confirming your account setup
- Upload your source file(s) for conversion:
- Click "Create New Title"
- Enter text to identify paper (e.g. title)
- Click "Submit Source Files for Conversion"
- Indicate platform (e.g. Unix) and source type (e.g. Postscript)
- You will receive an email with your PDF.
- Carefully check your PDF. Make sure all your images are included
properly. Check for stray markings from the conversion. Double-check the
margins and alignment. Please don't skip this step!
- If your files cannot be converted or the PDF fails the compliance
check, you can click on the "Request Technical Help" link.
- If you don't like the resulting PDF, you can click on "Request
a Manual Conversion".
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org (feel free to copy the
- Submit the final PDF by email to the publications chair by January 20,
website is maintained by ISPASS-2006 Committee.
Byeong Kil Lee, if you have any questions.