NSF Travel Support for Eligible Students
The notification email for student travel funds has been sent out. If you are are selected to receive the student travel funds, you should receive the award notification email with detailed reimbursement instructions.
ISPASS 2014 is now offering travel support to encourage student participation at the conference. Applications and the grant amount will be decided on a case-by-case basis (i.e., funding is NOT guaranteed). Priority will be granted to:
The deadline for submitting travel funding applications is March 1st. Please send them by email to the Student Travel Grant Chair, Carole-Jean Wu (firstname.lastname@example.org). Use the subject line "ISPASS 2014 Student Travel Grant Application."
- Students from small institutions and universities that do not have a strong tradition in the ISPASS research domain;
- Students who do not have support from their advisors through other grants;
- US citizenship/permanent residents;
- Attendees who belong to under-represented minorities (including women).
The travel grant application must include:
In order to get reimbursed, the student will have to present original receipts and fill out the travel expense claim form (we will provide the form at a later time).
- The name of the student, the student's institution and advisor; US citizenship or residency information; membership in an under-represented group if applicable;
- A resume (including IEEE and/or ACM student membership numbers if available);
- A cover letter stating the reason for attending ISPASS and a description of research interests;
- A statement from the student.s advisor confirming the student's eligibility and recommending the student to attend ISPASS;
- Information about other sources of funding;
- Estimate of conference-related expenses.